50 minutes // Makes 4-5 servings
1 large head cauliflower, cut into big “wing-sized” pieces
¾ cup plant milk
½ cup chickpea flour
⅛ cup cornmeal
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp salt (optional)
Pinch of pepper
½ cup hot sauce
1 tsp maple syrup
½ tsp white vinegar
Cashew Ranch Dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 450℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the cauliflower into large “wing-sized” pieces. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the plant milk, chickpea flour, cornmeal, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk thoroughly until a thick batter forms.
3. Add the cauliflower pieces into the bowl. Gently toss until the batter is evenly distributed. (Use a spoon to spread it into some of the deeper nooks and crannies if you need to.)
4. Shake any excess batter off of the cauliflower pieces and place them onto the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. While the cauliflower is baking, whisk together all of the buffalo sauce ingredients.
5. At the 20 minute mark, remove the baking sheet and gently brush a thin layer of buffalo sauce onto each piece. Place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Remove and brush once more with buffalo sauce (to taste). Serve immediately. Enjoy!