20 minutes // Makes ~5 crepes
¾ cup whole grain spelt flour
¼ cup whole grain rye flour*
1 tbsp flax meal
¼ tsp salt (optional)
1 ¾ cup soymilk**
- Nonstick griddle or skillet***
Fresh mint leaves
1. Whisk together the whole grain spelt flour, whole grain rye flour, flax meal, and salt until well-combined. Then, whisk in the soymilk until no lumps remain.
2. Bring a non-stick griddle or skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add about ½ cup of batter onto the skillet, using the back of a spatula to quickly spread it out evenly into a circle.
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the crepe is clearly no longer sticking to the pan (use a spatula to check underneath). Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
4. Serve immediately with fresh fruit, peanut butter, maple syrup, and fresh mint.
*You can use all whole grain spelt flour if you prefer, but the rye adds a nice dark taste.
**I do not recommend subbing out a different type of plant milk - soymilk works best!
***Unfortunately, this recipe will not work oil-free without a nonstick griddle or skillet. (The crepes will stick to the pan!)